This was kind of a weird fall for us. Eddie and I didn't go apple picking with the rest of the family (he was only four days old and it was freezing out), and we also weren't there when they picked out the pumpkins (which Lou paid outrageous prices for - grrrr...). Even more sad was the fact that our pumpkins rotted before we even got a chance to carve them because of all the rain this fall. :(
Another oddity was the fact that our ward, for the first time in EVER since I can remember, did not have a Trunk or Treat or ANY kind of Halloween party at all. I don't know what the reason was, I just know that there wasn't one, and it was a bummer.
Well, we found another source of festivities. Wegmans has a Halloween party/trick or treat for kids, so we took the girls there this year. There were a TON of kids there (a few hundred, at least), and it was really cute the way they had it set up - trick or treat stations all over the store (and all the employees wearing costumes), with donuts and cider and pizza along with all the regular candy stuff. Gotta love Wegmans. :)

Here are the girls at the Wegmans party - their costumes from Nana's costume supply (aka, my Mom's attic) hadn't been dug out yet, so they sported their hand-me-down princess dresses - it worked.

Here is Maria before heading off to to school the day before Halloween (the whole school has a costume parade and a party in their classroom) - she's supposed to be Tiger Lily from Peter Pan.

And here is Josephine in a costume that is quite fitting to her personality - a little devil... :)

...and here are the two of them right before heading off to trick or treat, which was a short trip indeed. Only ONE other house on the block had the lights on besides us - what a bunch of party poopers!!! Oh well, our friends the Johnsons were having a fun party at their house, so Lou took the girls out to their neighborhood and had them trick or treat out there (where they made out like little candy bandits) before going to the party. Eddie and I stayed home and handed out candy, since we are still trying to limit his exposure to tons of people (yes, I am a paranoid germiphobe right now...). It was a pretty quiet night - we only got about 25 trick or treaters.
It was kind of lame year in the fact that Lou, Eddie and I didn't dress up (the lack of a ward Halloween party kind of sucked all of the incentive out of me), but we figure we have a whole year to plan on making next Halloween better. :)
Oh, and for those of you who didn't see it on Facebook, click
here to see our family's goofy Halloween video, inspired by some of our friends who shared theirs with us first - silly, but so fun to watch!
3 comments:
Hahaha! That is awesome. Gotta love Jib Jab.
I love the JibJab video. I was sad there wasn't a ward Halloween party too - but I think it's cuz a new party planning committee was just called and they probably didn't have time to put something together. That's what I'm guessing..? Your girls were so cute though. It was fun to have them at the party!
No Truck or Treat!? That's just not right at all! The girls certainly do look great though and you have to LOVE Wegmans! :) I miss being so close to one!
Post a Comment