Saturday, November 7, 2009

What's old is new again

So we finally have some before and after pictures of our house...two years later...and of only one room...how sad. Oh well! The upcoming arrival of our baby gave us the kick in the butt that we needed to get one of the rooms done - TOTALLY DONE (not ALMOST done like every other room in our house)!! So here are the good ole' before and after pictures of Edward's room:

Don't you just love the Shrek Green? Ugh - we hated it, and it was even more offensive in person. And you can't tell from the picture, but I think the carpet was from the 80's or so. Nasty, musty shag with who-knows-what living in it...


Here is another before picture

Primed and ready to paint!


We did a total overhaul. We painted the walls, the ceiling, the window, the doorframe, the door, and the baseboards. We also replaced the nasty 80's musty shag carpeting that was in there.


I don't know that the pictures really do it justice, but this is just such a great, warm orangish butterscotch color that is bright but not overwhelming. I love it because it always looks sunny and happy in there - so warm and inviting... :)



Now to add furniture - we'll start with the Amish rocking chair that we bought at farmer's market when Maria was a baby...


Next we'll add our trusty crib and bedding set that is now being used for the third time - I'm glad we're getting our money's worth!! :)

You can really see here how low our ceilings are, especially in the two kids' room that have the sloped ceilings. It makes it tricky to arrange some of the furniture. But hey, we love our cozy little cottage-esque house, so it's all good.


The front view - kind of tight quarters!! But I think it turned out cute!




This dresser and the valence on the window are also hand-me-downs from the girls - it's so great to get so much mileage out of baby stuff, considering how much it costs.
So that's Edward's room - the only room in the house that is completely done, and I couldn't be more pleased with how it turned out. Isn't it amazing the huge difference that a little bit of new paint of carpet makes?

3 comments:

melancholyjune said...

I lOVE the color of the new room!

Chapman family said...

That is a beautiful color! I love it. Great job getting one entire room done! I'm almost there with my living room. (I think) That green was quite interesting, to say the least. :)

erin said...

The new room looks great. However I have to laugh because the old color is Oliver and Bry's room color. We did that on purpose.