Lou got me, and he got me good. He threw me a surprise birthday party today, and no, I had no clue that it was going on. I'm sure everyone there could tell that quite easily by that "oh crap, what the heck is going on?!" look on my face when I walked into my mother's backyard and saw 30 people there with decorations everywhere yelling "SURPRISE!!!"
The food was great, the company was great, the decorations were wonderful (including a digital slideshow of me from birth to present) and I have always secretly wanted a surprise party, so overall, it was just awesome. My family and friends really came together and honestly, it was quite touching. I actually teared up a bit after I got over my shock. I never thought Lou would do anything like this for me (not out of callousness, I just didn't think it would ever occur to him to organize a party), and I was amazed at how much he and my family did to pull it off.
One of my favorite parts was the e-invites that he sent out (he showed them to me after we got home). They were soooo cute. Click here to check them out and see why I think he is one of the sweetest guys ever (make sure to read the captions under the pictures).
Anyhow, thanks everyone who came, and those who were too far away to be here, I wish you could have been, and I thought about you today. I have some great family and friends, that much I will say.
So maybe turning 30 isn't so bad after all... :)
9 comments:
That is so awesome! I love the evite. I so wish I could have been there. What a great way to celebrate a wonderful woman.
Love you!
He sent me the evite and I was SO sad I was missing the big party and not being able to see your face! And the pic of us, is BAD... well I look bad.. maybe it's the BYU sweatshirt.. ;) but I did tear up. Love ya!
That card is AWESOME! and so sweet! I'm impressed. :)
Maybe mine got lost in the mail, or did I not get invited due to my distance? Dang!!! :-) Happy, Happy Birthday!! I would have loved to have been there to wish you a Happy Birthday in person!!
That was so awesome! It was so fun to be there and celebrate YOU! What a fun family you belong to!
Oh that sounds like so much fun! What a sweet husband to do all that work and planning for you. I can't think of a better way to bring in the next decade.
Happy (late) Birthday! I loved reading your flasback posts...brought back a lot of memories. :)
I'm joining you in the 30 club in a few weeks. Thanks for paving the way. :)
What a great husband! I am glad he made it such a great day for you. You are so loved!
im so sad i couldnt have been there!!!! happy belated bday! i miss you tons robyn!
Post a Comment