Lou and I took our second annual Salmon Fishing Trip this past weekend. Last year, I caught my first Salmon, a 40-lb male that was HUGE!! Take a look at this picture taken from last year's trip (don't mind the horrible expression on my face - that sucker was HEAVY and I was holding it up with a thin rope that was cutting into my hands...)

This year's trip was sadly not so successful. We caught...well, nothing. Not even a nibble. It was a huge bummer, but we still had fun just being together, having some alone time away from the girls. Obviously this means that I have no impressive fish pictures, but I do have some entertaining ones nonetheless.
Lou built us a great fire on Friday night (it was FREEZING outside!), and one of the logs he found was hollow, so the fire was actually burning inside the log. It looked really cool. I don't know if you can really tell in this picture how cool it was, but trust me, folks, IT WAS COOL. I can't stress that enough. Really.
Anyhow, although we came home with no fish, we did have a good time hanging out, talking, being silly and freezing our buns off together. Better luck, next year, I guess!
6 comments:
I think that fire looks cool, too! Glad you guys had a fun time, even though you didn't get any fish.
Sorry Robyn, I am sure that you would have liked to bring home a big fish, but at least you got a really big one last year. You can't be that lucky every time. Some people go fishing every year and never catch one like that huge sucker you caught last year, so you should still be proud of yourself. The trip looked fun though, that is great you and Lou get out to do fun stuff together.
that sucker was huge!! how fun to go out together! one day if we are rich and famous and have lots of money, we should all go tog without the kids!! what fun! i miss you
What else can I say: you are ALL WOMAN!
I think it is so cool that you are taking time to be together now that the girls are a little older. What a great thing to do. There is always an adventure on your blog.
Okay totally know that it wasn't the wire that was making your face like that, we all know you were disgusted with it! YUCK! I totally wouldn't have touched it once it came out of the water. I guess I am a pansy and good thing Nick is too! TEE HEE!!
Post a Comment