Monday, September 29, 2008

Raspberry obsession

Raspberries, raspberries - oh how I love them! We went picking back in the beginning of September with our play group, and got a ton! We figured out that when you pick them yourself (versus buying them in those tiny overpriced packages in the grocery store), you pay 1/3 the price! So we took full advantage and picked to our hearts delight!


Maria did a great job, and even filled a good part of her bucket (the last time we picked berries, they all ended up in her stomach)!



We ate them plain, put them on cereal, on vanilla ice cream, made smoothies, and I made a Raspberry Streusal Tart (Rachel, you totally have me hooked on photographing my fancy desserts!), a recipe I've been dying to try for quite some time, but couldn't justify the cost. Well, with our great abundance this time, I finally got my chance. Oh, was it good...
I was craving them again lately, and so I went picking again last week with Kaytlyn Flansburgh. We ate through them all in less than two days, and I have been wondering if I am overdoing it by going just one...more...time...
Oh, how I love my raspberries...

6 comments:

Bondis said...

Oh my gosh, where on earth do you go to pick them? Bill LOVES them, but I am way WAY to cheap to pay $5 for a half a cup of them!

Rachel said...

Very lovely photograph. I, too, would enjoy taking beautiful pictures of my fancy desserts if I 1)made desserts; 2)could figure out how to make my photos look beautiful. In the meantime, I will just enjoy your eye candy. :)

The Tolboe family said...

I wish I could have come with you! I love raspberries too and I am still trying to find things out here that are good to do.

Autumn said...

Yum!!! Raspberries are so good. That dessert looks absolutely scrumsious. Great job. Did I spell scrumsious right?

angiethompson123 said...

Wow! That dessert looks amazing! Thanks for the yummy tomatoes. Thanks for always leaving comments on my blog, you are too sweet!

Unknown said...

Oh how I miss the fruit that there is in abundance over there and the fun it is to pick your own. I am stuck buying the highly over priced little packages in the store! Oh well! Man you dessert looks so good my mouth is watering! WOW!