Monday, July 7, 2008
Oh, the irony...
Okay, funny story. So Maria has this thing lately where she insists on pouring her own milk on her cereal, and of course she always pours too much, and then doesn't want to finish it all when she's done with her cereal. Well, yesterday I told her that I was sick of her wasting so much milk, and that starting the next day, if she wanted to pour her own milk she was going to have to drink everything that she poured, no matter what. So of course today she pours way too much again, and doesn't want to finish it all after she's done with her cereal. I told her that she wasn't going to leave the table until she finished (you can see where this is headed...), and of course she put up a fight. She did NOT want that milk - "I don't WANT this milk, I HATE this milk", etc. - and I was NOT going to let her win this. Well, after about 20 minutes, she got the great idea to pour herself some more cereal, so that she could consume the milk the way she normally does, along with some nice crunchy cereal. Then she decided that she wasn't hungry, and that she wasn't going to eat anymore - period. I again informed her that she wasn't going anywhere until she finished, and she spent the next 20 minutes crying and throwing a fit. After all this time, she noticed that the cereal that she poured had absorbed all the milk that was left. She expressed great disgust at the sight of all this soggy, mushy cereal (it was pretty gross...), at which point she said "Mommy, I need some more milk!" Sigh - isn't that how all this started? Ahhh, parenthood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Haha, that's great. What a great circle of thought she has!
gavin is so insistant on pouring his own milk. He is the same way. I know exactly what you are going through. Read our blog about when Gavin ate broccoli and went to bed with it still in his mouth!!!
AUGGG parenthood is right!
that reminds me of when I was young...don't remember how old, and I wanted to use a BIG cup. I think it was the big kind you used to get for free from the gas station for buying the big drink. Well, my dad said that if I wanted a big cup, I'd have to drink all the water in it...and I didn't back down! I drank it all, and then threw up all the water on the way upstairs! So who won that battle?!
Oh the old "chicken and egg" situation-you've got to love that! I've decided that having "independant" children is way more work for me.
Post a Comment