Tuesday, July 8, 2008
They fired me!
At the Fourth of July picnic, Kaytlyn Flansburgh pointed out that I wasn't wearing the traditional red, white and blue, an action that was, according to her, very unpatriotic. I made a crack about probably being released as Activities Committee Chair as a result, and it came true! I was released from my beloved calling (sniff sniff) this past Sunday. Okay, so it wasn't really because of my attire at the picnic - I actually knew about the release the Sunday before the picnic - but I was still very sad nonetheless. I have truly LOVED this calling, and was so bummed to be released after only 10 months! I was released because they were calling me into the Relief Society Presidency as the 2nd counselor. Now, I know this sounds really dumb, but I somehow feel way too young to be in the Relief Society presidency! I mean, I know that I've been married for over nine years and have two kids, but...okay so maybe I'm not that young. Darn it. Oh well - wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
good luck - and any ideas for some great ward activities? i'm on the activities committee in our ward and we're trying to keep things exciting...
You'll be great - the RS is lucky to have you. Say hi to your parents for us.
you'll do great! you're not old and you sure don't look old :)
I think you'll be great in the RS. Enjoy your new calling and keep in touch.
Post a Comment