Saturday, November 8, 2008

One of those moments...

Being the parent of a toddler can be physically and mentally draining. That is why you need to really enjoy the lighter moments that come along, those times when, yes, you could get mad, but isn't it better sometimes to just laugh instead?

Take these next two pictures for example. Josephine had asked me for a snack and I told her that she would get one after I finished with my hair. Well, I was blow-drying my hair when I suddenly realized that Josephine was no longer in the room and it was waaaay too quiet in the house. I found her downstairs, in the kitchen, looking like this:

Yes, she got tired of waiting and helped herself to the mango sitting on the counter - she was eating the skin and everything! Tell me she doesn't look like a starving wild animal...


When she looked up and saw me watching her, she said "Oh hi, mommy, I got snack!" She was so proud of herself, and went right back to ravaging the helpless mango.
You would think from Josephine's antics with food that she doesn't get enough to eat or something. Today I was upstairs doing Maria's hair when Josephine shows up with a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup in her hand (she had apparently found the rest of the Halloween stash). I told her that we were NOT eating candy at 10am and took it from her. I went back to doing Maria's hair, and did not hear Josephine sneak back downstairs. She appeared in my room again with her mouth obviously full of something. I asked her what she had, and she of course replied "nothing". I told her to open her mouth and of course it was filled with yet another Peanut Butter cup. I told her that she had been disobedient and put her on the punishment step. When it was time for her to get up, I asked her why she took it when I had told her no. She said, and I kid you not "I don't know Mama, I'm speechless!" Actually it was more like "speechwess", but you get the idea. I mean, are you kidding me? Where does she get this stuff?! They know just when to pull out the cute stuff - seriously, how can you be mad at a kid after that?!

7 comments:

The Tolboe family said...

UH-OH! SHe sounds just like Maria. YOU JUST WAIT!

Ericka said...

I have to keep myself from eating Reese's peanut butter cups at 10:00 in the morning!! Halloween candy is evil!

Kristi the Book Lady said...

That is hilarious! And that second picture of her eating is the cutest thing ever!

Autumn said...

Well, I can tell you are raising independant children. I love how big that Mango looks next to her little self.

Meli said...

i love it! so cute!

Taunya said...

I think you have the best stories ever. Your kids are so funny.

Unknown said...

Okay, I love it! They crack me up! The mango is priceless! I just love it!