Well, I am eating my words today (no pun intended - hee hee), and am proud of it! Here are my latest feats:
Sunday, November 16, 2008
I'm Domestic!
Years ago I was sitting on the beach with some fellow Moms during playgroup. They were all discussing all of their recent homemaking accomplishments, from making bags to finding a new wheat bread recipe to making their own hummus. I remember thinking - "are these women for real?", almost mockingly. I was still in school, and was too busy to even make dinner half the time (the only reason I was even at playgroup was because it was summertime, inbetween semesters). I felt like I couldn't relate to these women at all - these silly susy homemakers. Well, I think what I was really feeling was jealousy. I felt like I could never be the Mom who could sew and knead bread and can jellies, etc.
Well, I am eating my words today (no pun intended - hee hee), and am proud of it! Here are my latest feats:
I made curtains for the girl's room. Okay, okay, so my Mom had to walk me through the whole thing, but I did all the sewing, cutting, etc., myself!
Here they are closed (you have to get the full effect, of course!)
And here is a close-up shot so that you can see what the fabric looks like, and also the cute tie-backs I made. I even got this fabric on clearance since it is technically an Easter print. I am so proud of these!
Here is my latest culinary effort - Pumpkin Cheesecake with a gingernsap crust. I had this at a restaurant years ago and fell in love with it, and finally had the chance to make one myself!
I made jelly for the first time! This is grape jelly (my favorite kind), made with concord grapes from the local farmer's market. My Mom's best friend Annie was gracious enough to come over and teach me how, and it turned out delicious!! I was so proud that I had to take a picture, as you can see...
Well, I am eating my words today (no pun intended - hee hee), and am proud of it! Here are my latest feats:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
wow. who would of known? jk... very impressive!
Oh my gosh, how awesome! Isn't it crazy how much your life changes in just a few years? Five years ago I never would have thought of using a cloth diaper- in fact I probably would have laughed at the idea. Not to mention making my own jelly (which, by the way, I have NEVER done before and am going to harass you into teaching me how to do!).
That's awesome - because you live close to me and can teach me all this cool stuff when I'm ready to step up to the plate :)
yay for you robyn!! thats awesome. im still not up to the bread andjam making so youre still a susy homemaker to me. brahahahhahaha! :) i want some of that pie!:(
WOW! Your AWESOME! I wish I could take lessons! Your cheesecake looks sooo good too! YUMMY!
You go you little domestic home maker!!! I too, have always felt like I will NEVER be the bread making, halloween costume sewing, craft queen that so many of my peers are.....maybe if I just put my mind to it.......
I'm so proud of you! The funny thing is, all the moms that you were jealous of for doing all that domestic stuff were jealous of you for getting a master's degree! You are amazing.
You are domestic! Can I just say for the record that, that cheesecake tasted just as good as it looks! Yeah! good job Robyn, now you have to start to rub off on me!
Post a Comment