Here we are in front of Meachum school. Check out Maria's hot new Hello Kitty lunch box!
I felt my eyes tear up a couple of times during the whole ordeal, but I held it together - I didn't want to traumatize Maria! It wasn't until the walk home that I totally started crying! I don't know why it felt like such an emotional thing - it just did. And I have to say, I missed her during the day - I really, really did. Josephine seemed pretty unphased by the whole thing, luckily. Anyhow, the first day is over, and I think that is probably the hardest part...
6 comments:
I am totally feeling your pain today!
And I was strangely bored today without him around. It's funny how we want them to go, but once they're gone we miss them like crazy!
how exciting! and meachem is a great school - I subbed there for a while after my mission and really loved it!
She looks so sweet in her first-day-of-school outfit. And I'm sure she loved having the whole family there to drop her off! A great memory for her. What a brave girl. I think I cried when my mom left me at kindergarten!
AAAWWW. She looks so cute. Gavin even said, "Look at pretty Maria!" Gavin was traumatized that she would go in without shoes...I told him that she had on jelly shoes. He looked even harder and said, no she doesn't. Good for you for crying...you are a good mama and we miss you.
I can't belive it! What a big girl. She is so darling! It is so hard to realize that your kids have to get older. I think I will do the same when Bryan goes next year. Although only half day kindergarten probably won't do it it may have to be 1st grade, tee hee. Love you
I can't believe our girls are in kindergarten. Saylor only has half day and it is the exact same schedule as her pre-k last year so I think that Saylor leaving for school won't hit me till next year. Maria looks so adorable and I bet she loves every minute of it.
Post a Comment