Friday, August 8, 2008

Rainy Day Fun!

It's raining, it's pouring...
So today was yucko weatherwise. Usually I would just let the girls watch a movie, but I decided to not be a lazy Mom and do some fun stuff instead...

...like play in the rain with umbrellas and raincoats. If you look closely, you will see that my childrens' feet are completly immersed in water. Yeah, that's the man-sized pot hole at the end of our driveway that becomes a lake everytime it rains - we lovingly call it "Lake DeGaetano"



We had a lot of fun marching up and down the street singing songs and splashing around in our flip-flops!


Then we came inside and made very cool paper airplanes and threw them all over the house. I couldn't believe how much fun the girls had with this - if you haven't already, you should try it sometime!


And lastly, we made good old chocolate chips cookies. The girls helped a little, but as you can see, they did more tasting than helping!

Here's to good times on rainy days!


2 comments:

Rachel said...

You really may very well be the most fun mom of all time. Way to move past the inclination to stay inside... I probably would've given in to my laziness. :)

To answer your other questions... a lot of Idaho is kind of desert-y, but north Idaho (where we live) is basically in the mountains... lots of lakes and pine trees.

As for As I Lay Dying, I think I slogged through until the end and appreciated Faulkner's modernism while also being glad I was done reading! :)

Kathy said...

Being from the rainy Great Northwest, I couldn't resist reading a post titled "Rainy Day Fun!" It looks like you and your girls had a perfect day.