On that note, I've been trying to squeeze in all these end of the summer special things with the girls. I just don't want to feel like I wasted my last week of the three of us being together all day. In that spirit, I took the girls to Willow Bay (a part of Onondaga Lake Park) for the afternoon yesterday. It was a gorgeous sunny day, the perfect chance for us to get out and enjoy the last days of summer freedom...
I don't know why, but this picture reminds me of the ones that you see taken by the paparazzi in those gossip magazines (not that I would EVER look at one of those things). Of course, it's my totally unbiased opinion that she's cuter than any of those celebrity babies!
This was my attempt at taking some pictures to possibly use in our Christmas card. Too bad I can never get them both to look at me AND smile at the same time!
We biked, pushed strollers, and walked all over the place. We just took our time and explored until the girls got tired. We found a cute little creek that fascinated them for a good long time (don't you love how excited kids get about the little things?).
The girls were pretty tuckered out by the end of the day, but of course there is always energy for the playground! We played there for a good bit (yes, WE - I played on the playground, too - my kids don't ever let me get away with just watching them play, which is good - it keeps me young!) and then headed back home. I decided that the perfect end would be a trip to Gannon's Isle for some ice cream, and the girls agreed! A fun day, indeed...
4 comments:
Looks like fun! I love how Maria is showing Josephine the creek...cute! And yes, I think that 5 is too young for all-day kindergarten!
If it makes you feel any better, I already get choked up just thinking about Clara going to kindergarten, and I still have like four years to go...and when she does go she'll almost be 6 because of her late birthday...but it still wrenches my poor heart! Shoot--I still get choked up half the time when I take her to a babysitter! :) You can do it, though. I'm sure Maria will just love kindergarten.
Incidentally, Clara has the same stroller as Josephine, and she loves it. She pushes all kinds of toys around in it. It's one of the only toys she plays with every day.
I can't believe how big your girls are! I know I just left this summer but seriously they look like they have grown a ton! I can't believe Maria is going to be in kindergarten already.
I would like to echo that sentiment that SWINGING IS GREAT! I do it all the time. But who are you kidding? Swinging doesn't end in September! It is a year round thing;) In fact, swinging gets better in the winter months. I'll tell you why. Just imagine swinging when there is a lot of snow on the ground...you're going reallllly high and you want to let go. Well, nothing is holding you back when there is white, fluffy padding. You can just let go and fall in that deep, wonderful white bliss. Ahhhhh...I cannot wait. Bring it on:)
Post a Comment