Saturday, August 23, 2008

Off to the fair!

The New York State Fair is regarded in this area as the unofficial end of summer, so the feeling is always a little bittersweet when we go - I'm not ready for summer to end yet!


There was a really cute little petting zoo there - no Fort Rickey, of course, but fun for the girls nonetheless.


Gotta love the cute little donkeys - always makes me think of the Christmas Story (the real one, not the TV movie with the big pink nightmare)


"Mooooo!" I was kind of wondering what this guy was doing here - these horns could disembowel someone!

And onto the rides..

Doesn't she look so tiny on this big huge blow-up slide?


Ah, what a lovely day for a ride in our cart (or is it a chariot -hmmmm...).



3 comments:

Christina DeGaetano said...

Was that a Day out with Thomas Fair? We went to one in Maine as well. I thought I had blogged about it. If not, I will be soon. I will have to check. Oh, and I like the 'staycation' idea. How ingenious!
I know Syracuse pretty well actually. My sister went to LeMoyne and I used to visit her a lot. She is only a year older than I am, so needless to say, we had fun! You must love snow!?
This pregnancy was tough until about 2 weeks ago. I had extreme nausea for the first 21-22 weeks. I threw up all the time and it was all day sickness, not morning only. In fact, I have only gained one pound this whole pregnancy. I hope it stays that way, but I am sure I'll gain quite a bit these next couple of months. I only gained 15 with the other 2 children...but I have plenty of reserve on me, so it was fine. With my first, Olivia, I was sick the entire pregnancy and had a difficult delivery. With Jack, I didn't even know I was pregnant at first and was feeling fabulous, except the typical tiredness. So, when I couldn't stop getting sick, I had a sneaky suspicion that it was a girl. I actually just felt her for the first time last Wed. Apparently my placenta is in the front and blocking her kicks from me feeling them. But know that she is bigger and so am I, I have begun feeling the kicks. There's nothing like that, huh?
Anyway, enough of me babbling...how about you? A third in the future?
Christina

Unknown said...

Robyn, really, calling your husband a donkey isn't that a bit much. I only see one donkey in the picture unless you are including Lou. Man we miss the fair!

Lisanne Lee said...

Where did my little Maria go?!! I can't believe how old your girls are. They are absolutely stunning and a perfect combination of both you and Lou.

Oh the NY state fair...we miss you. I'm so happy you found me. I will be checking in much more often.

Loves to you and your family,

Lisanne