Saturday, August 23, 2008

Of course, of course, during every fair trip...

we MUST touch at least one cow. Don't ask me why. There are no explanations for these sorts of things...


...and then we must ride in big plastic cows around in a circle, going all of about .25 mph.


"Child, how many times have I told you NOT to mess with a cow's tale?!"


I don't know why people feel the need to get their pictures taken in these things - I mean, they really are stupid. But, it's just that they're there, and at the the time, it just seems like the right thing to do...


Aha! THIS is why we do it! To make our husbands look like idiots! Oh, but what a cute idiot he is - don't you agree?

Anyways, so that sums up our fair trip. The rest of the details are boring - eating fair food (thank goodness it comes only once a year!), children getting tired, parents getting tired, the smell of greasy food, dirty farm animals and sweaty people becoming all too much for everyone...ahhh, such is the great New York State Fair - what a great day.

5 comments:

Kirsten Treff said...

well, i'm quite jealous - I love the Great NY state Fair, and have yet to find another to compare -even if it does mean the end of the summer...

Flansburgh Family said...

I agree with you...you have to go to the fair once a year and touch a cow. I don't know why either, but it's important to me!

Kathy said...

Thank you for letting me live vicariously through your trip to the Great NY State Fair. It's been a few years since I've gone. I think next year I'm going to be ready to go again.

Ericka said...

I too miss the New York State Fair! I especially miss the fried snickers, and the world's largest pig!! Fun times!!

The Tolboe family said...

Unfortunately, we only went once to the fair but it was fun when we went. Fun pictures. You are right...summer is not supposed to be over yet!