We headed out to DuRuyter Resevoir. I think for the girls, the boat ride is the best part!
We had our little barbeque on a tiny island in the middle of the resevoir (yes, Tolboes, that is your grill!). We had hot dogs, baked beans (if you look you can see them cooking on the grill - right in the can!), and some fresh veggies from our garden (courtesy of our resident green thumb - Lou). We used our cooler as a table (yes, ghetto, I know) and had a great picnic lunch!
Here is the first fish of the day - a small sunfish that Lou caught. Josephine insisted on holding it, but once it was close to her, she politely declined...
Maria won the prize for the most fish caught - here she is with another small sunfish (she ended up catching three by the end of the trip, Lou got two, and I got one).
Maria amazed me with her fishing skills. She caught and reeled in all three fish all by herself. She cast herself, felt the fish bite all by herself, and reeled them in all by herself. Maybe it's because I'm her Mom, but I was amazed that a five-year-old could do this alone!
3 comments:
YAY for Maria! You guys are so brave, I'm terrified to give Jakob a real hook. I can only imagine what he would snag while casting.
Maria's better than I am - so you're not the only one amazed!
Okay, that sounds like an awesome day. Plus, way to go Maria! I can't touch anything that has to do with fish (gross!). She's so much better than I am!
Post a Comment