Well, it's sad, but we knew this day would come - the last day of the 2008 DeGaetano Staycation. For day #5 we went to Thunder Island - a small, family-owned water park in Fulton, NY. It only has four adult rides and three kiddie rides, but it also has miniature golf, go-karts and a ferris wheel (and is way closer and way cheaper than Enchanted Forest!). Also, two of the adult rides can be ridden by small children if they are accompanied by an adult, which we took advantage of, of course! Anyhow, it was perfect weather for such a day, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. There are not a lot of pictures in this blog - I was too busy riding rides and splashing around to snap photos all day!

Maria loved the lazy river - she went around and around and around and around...
Maria messing around with the sprinklers
Maria going down one of the kiddie slides

Maria and Daddy playing around in the wading pool (Maria would have spent hours in that pool - she thought it was the coolest!) The slides that you see in the background here are the two kiddie slides - they were so cool because they were pint sized, and emptied in the wading pool which was only about 18 inches deep, plenty shallow enough to make it safe for almost all sizes. Also, the slide on the left was a big wide one (wide enough to fit 4 or 5 people across!) that was a straight shot down - perfect for a family like ours to go down all together!
4 comments:
Really, you guys are too fun. I can't believe how much you've done this week. You're going to need a vacation to recover from your staycation. I bet your kids just loved it all. And I can't believe Josephine went down the waterslide by herself. How brave is she?
Wow! How much fun! I totally wanted to go to the caverns and we just never made it up there. It looks like you guys did a ton of stuff! How Fun!
Good Grief!! I'm tired from reading what you did this week! I bet this staycation will be one of your favorite memories EVER. It just looked like such a great time.
I think we might do a staycation next year. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. We traveled so much this summer and I'm so sick of it. I just hope we can find as many fun things to do here in the New Mexico.
Post a Comment