We hit a bit of a problem when we first got there, though. Before leaving, I noticed Lou putting our dog, Daisy (the 8-lb wonder) in the van. I told him that dogs are not allowed on the beach, but he insisted that they were. I again informed him that I was quite sure that there were no dogs allowed on any beach that I had ever been to, and that we would be really stuck if we got all the way there (40 min drive one way) and found that to be the case. He said that he was bringing her and that was that. Well, wouldn't you know it - as soon as we got onto the beach, I saw some signs in the water, all along the beach - take a look for yourself...
Hopefully you all can see the part on the bottom about "no pets on the beach". Yeah, as much as I love being right (I refrained from saying "I told you so" - the look on Lou's face was all the satisfaction I needed!), we now had a problem with no easy solution. We ended up putting our stuff way in the back of the beach, so that no one would yell at us about the dog, and one of us had to stay with her at all times, while the other one played in the water with the kids. I was more than a bit annoyed that our family day turned into dog babysitting day, but we made the most of it, and it turned out all right. I hope Lou learned his lesson - I am ALWAYS right :)
We packed peanut butter and fluff sandwiches, and as you can see, Josephine thoroughly enjoyed hers. Of course, she didn't eat much of the bread - she mostly just opened up the sandwich and licked off all the peanut butter and fluff. Oh well.
Under this blanket is Josephine, sleeping. She took a great nap, and I can't blame her. I can't think of a more relaxing place outdoors to fall asleep than on the beach, listening to the waves...
Despite the dog situation, we stayed all day, and had so much fun playing in the sand and waves! We will definitely be going there again!
As much as we hated to leave the beach, it was time to go make our dinner (we packed some charcoal and hot dogs, since there was a picnic area right next to the beach, with a gorgeous view of the lake.
1 comment:
Clearly I am on the edge of my seat, since I check back everyday now to see what you've been up to! Of course, I am a bit worried now that I'm commenting mid-narrative, but those two posts looked like a full report of the day, so I feel safe leaving my comment. :)
My two specific notes for today: I love the background to Josephine's PB and Fluff picture... AND, I wish I were there to eat your mini pies! I'm impressed (though not really surprised) that you made homemade pies mid-staycation to keep the fam happy and nourished. :)
Post a Comment