Okay, lately I am really feeling that two is my favorite age. I love the way they still have that bouncy baby walk, and everything is so exciting to them. They have so much personality, and none of the mouthiness of older children. They are at that age where everything they say is so cute. I love their goofy broken English. And best of all, they still take naps!
Tonight at dinner we had a real struggle with getting Josephine to finish her dinner. She hadn't eaten very much, and we wanted her to finish. We were going to have ice cream for dessert, and we told her that if she didn't finish her dinner, she wouldn't be getting any (does this sound familiar to any of you?!). She just kept saying "Don't want it" over and over (this is her new favorite sentence, and even says it when people she doesn't know well try to give her hugs). Lou and I kept finding different ways to explain her that if she would just take a couple more bites of dinner, that she could have ice cream. The more she staunchly repeated "Don't WANT IT!", the more we stood our ground. Even when the ice cream was being dished out, she refused to give in. Lou and I started to think that maybe she was a bit young for this line of logic, that maybe she didn't quite get our agreement, and finally gave in when Maria asked if she could share with Josephine.
Josephine took one bite of Maria's blackraspberry ice cream and smiled. Lou asked her "Is that good?" And Josephine, my little two-year-old, furrowed her brow, gave us her little mischievous smiled and replied in a very serious tone: "Dewicious" (aka "delicious"), as if to say "I WON!" Smarter than you think - okay, now that's what I love about two-year-olds...
5 comments:
That is so cute and I can just picture Josephine doing that! She is a little mischevious girl!!
I found your post to be very refreshing, since last night my almost two-year-old pushed me to the limit with her dinner refusal (she lately seems to eat really well probably four of seven nights, then the other nights she is miraculously "DONE!" within five minutes). So thanks for the positive attitude; I will try to shift my perspective. :)
Okay still really miss those girls, oh and you guys too! We have the same problems with Tyler. Maybe one day they will learn heathly eating habbits, then again with me as a mom maybe not! Oh well!
Okay, so maybe no picture but a hillarious story! I love it!
okay, can I jump on the band wagon too??!! Jackson and I have the same battle almost every night! His eating or should I say non eating habits drive me up the wall sometimes......but it's funny how he is "done" with dinner and can't eat a single bite more, but yet amazingly enough he has room for a sweet treat after!! These kids I tell ya!!
Post a Comment