So, Adria, here's some photos of the family. This winter, it snowed ONE TIME that gave us enough to go sledding in (yes, it snowed some other times, but was usually melted by mid-day). Thank goodness Lou and I took the kids sledding that day - little did we know it would be our one and only chance.
Just a couple of pictures of Edward playing in the snow while he was waiting for Lou to finish getting ready.
"See this snow? I think I should eat it"
"Mmmm...yummy..."
Lou and Edward
(sidenote: I love this sled - it's an old-fashioned runner sled with a canvas backing, so the child doesn't fall backwards out of the sled, and a nylon strap with a buckle that goes around their waist so they stay in place)
Why do some little kids repeatedly take their mittens off when they are outside and then cry that their hands are cold? It seems pretty obvious to me that if they don't want cold hands, they shouldn't take their mitttens off! This concept is lost on Edward, and here is one of the many times that Lou helped put his mittens back on.
ZOOM!
It was a great time had by all. I was huffing and puffing a little more than usual, as trucking up a snow-covered hill was more than a little challenging at 4 1/2 months pregnant, but it was worth it.
Goodbye, crappy, gyp (sp?) or a winter. You really sucked this year. I'm glad we got at least one decent snowfall to go sledding (my girls look forward to playing/sledding in the snow ALL YEAR LONG), but seriously, I expected more out of you. Better luck next year, I suppose...
4 comments:
And where did that lovely old-fashioned sled come from?? Fairy Godmother Annie, that's who!! Very cute shots... and I saw in the paper that we had exactly 15 days of measurable snow this season. What an anemic winter!!
Thank you for the stories and pictures! Henry actually kept his mittens on. Maybe we'll have that struggle with Jane someday. And yes, this winter was lame. But, I am glad that they at least got to go sledding once, which is more than I can say for Henry. We didn't even need to buy a snowsuit this year. We joke that we could've had more sledding in AZ just driving up to Flagstaff.
Don't be shy about posting your kids and your stories! That's the only reason I DO blog! It's my only form of family history! Your family is so adorable.
Our winter was crazy here too. We've already hit the 80's in March!
I think this is the hill where I almost broke my back. Do you remember that? By the way, that sled is awesome.
Post a Comment