Oh, pregnancy cravings. There are evil ones - like wanting fried chicken or Taco Bell at 11pm. And then there are the good ones, when all you want to eat is fresh fruit. Those are the "safe" cravings.
I always spend my entire first trimester HATING food of all kinds. I hate the smell, the texture - everything about it. Going grocery shopping and preparing food for my family is absolute torture for those first three months. Torture, I tell you.
This time around, the only thing I could stomach for breakfast was toast. And I mean that was IT. For 10 weeks straight, I ate the same thing for breakfast every day - 2 pieces of toast. One had cinnamon sugar, and the other had either peanut butter or some sort of homemade jelly/jam on it. No juice, no milk - just toast. For ten weeks. Suffice to say that it got VERY old, but the thought of anything else made me want to hurl.
Usually, cold cereal and milk is one of my favorite things ever for breakfast, but for those very long 10 weeks, cereal absolutely repulsed me. I couldn't even watch my family eat it without wanting to gag.
Well, guess what I have been craving like crazy lately as soon as I wake up everyday?
Just looking at this picture makes me want some. It just tastes so good to me right now - crunchy, crisp and cold and so fresh tasting. And there are so many kinds out there - it just never gets old with me. As long as it's not a sugar cereal (not a big fan of those), I am all over it. I have to stop myself from eating 2-3 bowls like I want to.
I still make the other stuff for my family, but most of the time, I quietly eat my bowl of cereal while I am cooking them up waffles and pancakes and french toast. That stuff doesn't interest me right now.
Last week Lou made me this amazing omelet with sausage and spinach and cheese. It was delicous, but to be honest, after I was done, I felt like something was missing. What I really wanted was some frosted mini wheats and milk!
Oh, cereal, you are so yummy, especially a good bowl of Cheerios with some sliced bananas. My mouth is watering now...
Or even better...
Oh goodness - be still my beating heart... :)




1 comment:
During the end of my pregnancy with Henry, I sware eating cereal was like having an orgasm in my mouth. That too, is ALL I wanted to eat all day. I had to limit myself too. The memories, and your comments and pictures make me laugh. AFter you posted these, did you eat some? :)
Post a Comment