Today was Maria's baptism. I feel like, as parents, we experience our children's milestones just as much, if not more than, they do. For parents, these milestones are more than just the events themselves - they mark the passage of time. They remind us that our children are, indeed growing up before our very eyes. I remember when Maria first went to nursery, and I thought - "Wow, I now have a child who is nursery age - I feel old!" And then she became a Sunbeam, and I felt even older. And then she went to Kindergarten - I definitely didn't feel old enough to have a child in school.
And today my baby girl was baptized. It was a beautiful thing. :)


She wore the same dress that I was baptized in - it was a little small on her, and we have to add some lace to make the sleeves long enough, but it worked.
This is right before the program started. We were running late because there had been a problem with the baptismal font and the Bishop was running late. I didn't care - I was going to get my picture first- such moments must be documented!
Maria goofing around - just being Maria.

It was such a wonderful day. The weather was sunny and beautiful, and we had a wonderful turnout from friends and family. It truly was a special moment to see my little girl walk down in the water and begin her life as a member of our wonderful church. Almost exactly eight years ago today we were standing outside this same building on a sunny day in July having pictures taken with our little girl - much tinier back then - in another little white dress. Sigh - these are the moments that I dreamed about when I thought of being a mother. And oh, how lucky I feel to be able to experience them...
And today my baby girl was baptized. It was a beautiful thing. :)


It was such a wonderful day. The weather was sunny and beautiful, and we had a wonderful turnout from friends and family. It truly was a special moment to see my little girl walk down in the water and begin her life as a member of our wonderful church. Almost exactly eight years ago today we were standing outside this same building on a sunny day in July having pictures taken with our little girl - much tinier back then - in another little white dress. Sigh - these are the moments that I dreamed about when I thought of being a mother. And oh, how lucky I feel to be able to experience them...
5 comments:
At least I can still comment on your blog. Maybe some day we'll fix mine. Anyway-love the pictures! Again, wish we could've been there. Were Aunt Robin, Molly and Grandma JaneAnn there? Also, I remember that dress you are wearing. You got it for EFY that one year, and you used to wear the lotion 'limelight' with it. I couldn't fit into my old dress again. Oh well. Oh, another thing-both the baptism dress and the dress for the day are beautiful.
You are definitely not old enough to have a daughter being baptized!! But your family looks beautiful. Wish we could have been there.
Miss you tons.
Congrats to Maria and your family! I love that last family pic - you guys all look great. A happy, good looking bunch! I propose lunch soon as well, I'm off on Tuesdays and Thursdays from work :)
Congratulations! I'm so happy I got to be there. I only wish there were more time to catch up... next time!
Love it! Great pictures and a special day. Congrats!
Post a Comment