
A friend of mine posted this recipe on her facebook page (thank you, Christina!), and it is, indeed, a gem of a recipe. Easy, quick, delicious - divine, actually.
The only ingredient you might not have on hand is the pudding, but that can be made up in a flash if you have the boxed stuff on hand, and those little pudding cups are easy to get anywhere.
Anyhow, click here for the whole recipe.
A couple of notes -
1) I'm not a big fan of instant pudding (I think it's nasty, actually), so I used those little pre-packaged pudding cups. Three of them made up the exact amount I needed. You could also make the "cook and serve" kind of boxed pudding, but the whole beauty of this recipe is that it is fast and easy, so I didn't want to add that extra step. I got a four pack of pudding cups at Aldi for .89.
2) If you don't have quick-cooking oats on hand (I didn't because I never use those for anything), you can make it with old-fashioned rolled oats. You just increase the water to 3 ½ cups (but use the same amount of oats in the recipe), and you have to cook it for a little bit longer - 5-6 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally. Then cover the pan, remove from heat and let stand for 2-3 minutes. It may seem a bit soupy at first, but don't worry, it firms up upon standing. Follow the rest of the direction as is.
3) Also, this can be made family style – I did this because I don't have any small oven-proof bowls. Just put everything into 8 or 9 inch casserole dish (I used my round pyrex one) instead of individual bowls before you put it in to broil, and be careful when you broil it - stay there and watch it closely - as soon as the sugar begins to bubble - it's done! Sugar burns easily (and tastes gross when it does), so don't leave this unattended during this part!!
Okay, so that's it - this is soooo yummy, and the simplicity of the recipe makes it even better. Enjoy!
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Easy, yet decadent breakfast
I'm on new recipe kick, as you can see. To change gears a little bit, here's a breakfast one:
Banana Oatmeal Cinnamon Creme Brulee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment