...but I also have moments where I think my children are incredibly cute, where I can't imagine myself doing anything else with my life right now, when I realize how amazingly and frighteningly fast they are growing up. Sometimes I feel like time is literally just sifting through my fingers before I get enough chances to truly enjoy my children while they are still small - life is just so busy!
So, with each child, I try to do a little bit better at savoring the moments while they are small.
At those moments when Edward is fussing on and on, or just woke up grumpy from a joke of a nap, or wakes up in the middle of the night just because he wants to be held, I'm trying to remember...
...that someday soon these tiny hands won't be so tiny anymore, that they won't always be reaching out just for me everyday like I am the only thing in the world...I will always be their Mama, and they will always be "my babies", but they won't always be babies, and I'm trying to remember that and soak up as many of these fleeting moments as I can...
I'm trying to remember...
6 comments:
That was such a sweet post and a great reminder to me. Thanks!
okay, so you made me cry. This was a really sweet post. And yes, we have lost our minds. Getting a puppy right after having a baby doesn't seem like the brightest idea we have ever had, but this post has given me a good lift. I'll look back at these crazy days and wish I had them back.
Okay, thanks for making me cry! Those pics are precious!
that was so sweet! i totally agree! and if your friend cort gets too crazy b/c she got a dog like i just did after i had a baby....you can always get rid of the dog! hee hee.
You are a great mom!
The pictures are soooo cute!
aw. that was a great post. they are so precious, and get so big so fast!
Post a Comment