First he gave me these:
He said he felt cheesy doing the "box of chocolates" thing, but he's never done this before, and little did he know that I have secretly always wanted a big heart-shaped box of chocolates, so I was thrilled with this "cheesy" gift.
He also made me a wonderful dinner of steak, shrimp, bread and peas - yes, he was grilling outside in the middle of February - gotta love this guy!
And here's the big daddy. He gave me my new, upgraded engagement ring! Here's a picture of the original:
Here's the new ice:
My last gift came from my Mom and kids. My Mom and Dad were nice enough to take the girls for the day, so we could have some time alone (well, when Edward was napping, anyway). When Maria came home, she had a mysterious paper bag that she and Nana had been working on. She told me that we needed to stay out of our room for a few minutes while she finished our surprise. This is what she did:
So how can anyone feel depressed after a day like that? It was just perfect. The only imperfect thing about it were the almond-paste cookies that I attempted to make for Lou (he loves almond paste). Yeah, they didn't turn out so great - hence why there are no pictures...
Oh well, Lou ate them anyway, giving me the whole "it's the thought that count's" bit, and I was okay with that.
Anyhow, thank goodness for family who boosts you up when you are feeling down. Happy Valentine's Day, loved ones... :)
4 comments:
Your ring is SOOOO beautiful!! I've been secretly wanting a new piece of jewelry. I guess if it wasn't a secret I might get something...
What a sweet Valentine's day. Your family is awesome. And good job Lou!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE the ring!!!!! And the chocolates. I must say Pot of Gold is pretty good. Totally love the hearts on the bed vs rose petals. I hear rose petals are pretty gross when stepped on...
While the others are posting on the bling...I'm thinking how awesome Lou is for GRILLING out! Shrimp...Mmmmmm:)
you deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment