Monday, September 7, 2009

The catch of the day!

Who says that an eight-month pregnant woman can't bring in a good fish?! Well, nobody actually said that, but I still think it's pretty cool that I did. :) It's Labor Day, and Lou wanted to take the family fishing (one last fun hurrah before the grind of school starts tomorrow) - it's salmon season here in NY, so we headed out to Salmon river. We got there around 3pm, and by 7pm, we were thinking it was a wasted trip. We got three fish in the duration of an hour who ALL broke our line and got away (frustrating!!!), which pretty much killed the girls' enthusiasm. They started acting up, and my back was killing me, and we were about to cash in our chips and head home when I got another fish on my line - and I GOT it!!

Here I am proudly displaying my King Salmon:



It was nowhere near the 40lb monster I got two years ago, but it was 15 pounds, and seeing as it was the only thing we brought home today, it was good enough for us! One is always better than none. Anyhow, so that's our exciting news for the day - hope you all had a great holiday weekend, too!

3 comments:

thatmormonlady said...

So that's how you spell hurrah. I just kind of made one up.

Yeah, I am thinking of homeschooling. I have ever since he was born. So, I kind of feel like I'm being prompted in that direction.

Great job catching a fish! It looks delicious!! And you look so stinking fabulous.

erin said...

the fish is half as tall as you!!!

Ericka said...

You are a cute pregnant woman, crazy for going camping at 8 months, but cute just the same!! And I MISS the snow in Syracuse, I too would take snow over creatures any day!