Anyhow, well yesterday I went for one of my prenatal appointments, and found out that I now weigh what I did when I gave birth to both of my girls...and I have 10 weeks left to go. I was so frustrated, because I have been working out the whole time, eating good foods (indulging from time to time, as I did with the last two pregnancies), and I felt like I was failing somehow. This probably seems quite melodramatic to many of you, but my body is something I feel I should have some control over, so this was a big deal to me. So of course this set me off on the wrong foot. For the rest of the day, it seemed that nothing was going right - from my children's behavior in the grocery store to the errands and chores that didn't get done that day. Everytime I grunted when I bent over or huffed and puffed when I got to the top of the stairs, I would start crying, thinking that I wouldn't so bad off if I wasn't so big already. When I sat down to play the piano for family home evening, I had a total meltdown. At that moment I was exhausted from the day, my feet were aching, and my lovely maternity garments were cutting into my round belly. The thought occurred to me "I'm not even close to done! I have 10 WEEKS left of this. If I am this tired and uncomfortable now, how the heck am I going to feel at 40 weeks?!! How am I going to do this and be a good mother and wife?!" Tears were running down my cheeks all during the song, and I had to excuse myself when the song ended so that my kids didn't see me acting like a complete basketcase. Lou came over to see what was wrong and I just lost it - blubbering on and on about feeling awful and not knowing why and not knowing how to fix it. Yeah, not one of my finer moments... Luckily, my husband knew just what to do - he hugged me and let me cry, and then lifted my chin up and said: "You know what you need? Ice cream." And so off we went to Gannon's Isle for ice cream. :)
Well, some wise friends of mine gave me some great advice today - to remember the miracle growing inside of me and to try to focus on the amazing thing my body is doing right now. To remind myself how much I wanted this, and how much joy I will feel when I see this baby. I am sure that I will have more horomonal moments to come as I get bigger, and more tired and all that, but I will try to keep these things in mind in those moments to get me through. Anyhow, with my new attitude adjustment, I decided that I needed a fun, relaxing day with my kids. So, after getting some random errands done, we filled up our kiddie pool and played in it for what seemed like hours (yes, I got in, too - it was SCORCHING hot today, and that cold water was HEAVEN!!). Then we lounged around the yard in our lawn chairs, sang songs, colored with chalk and ate popscicles - it was just what I needed :) Maria wanted to take some pictures of me with our new camera (she is really into the camera thing lately), and though my first inclination was to say no (I was in my maternity swimsuit at the time...), I decided to heck with it! Why not take some pictures that celebrate my pregnant body instead of complaining about it? So I did a little photo shoot with her (she had so much fun with this!), and now you get to laugh at the results. So here is a collection of pictures from my "good day" - the day where I didn't worry about how much weight I've gained or how I'm going to feel in 6 weeks, about all the other errands and chores I didn't get done or how I've failed as a person, etc. The day where I stopped and lived in the moment and enjoyed my children - all three of them... :)
8 comments:
I guarantee I won't be the only one to say this, but you look fantastic! First of all, that is a great swimsuit. Also, you just look happy and soft and lovely...that's the best part of being pregnant to me, aside from growing the baby. I really dig my momma curves when I'm pregnant, even if they're less cute when I'm not! :) Hang in there!
You look so good, what a cute prego swim suit! I just can't believe how big the girls are either. What a great time it is! I love the swimming pool too, my boys would love one with a basketball hoop on it! Maybe we could come over one day and swim together! sigh!
MATERNITY MODEL! What a HOT swimming suit! and a hotter mamma in it! Man I miss you and the girls so much! I got teary eyed reading your post, wishing I could be there with you guys and take you to Gannons for some much needed cold heaven for the tastebuds. I know the 10 weeks form here on out are going to be hard, but there is a little girl in TX who is thinking of you... daily! LOve ya!
Robyn, like I said in my last comment, you are so adorable! I think you look great! I'm sure it doesn't feel like it sometimes, and it's not like I can speak from any kind of experience but you look so cute!!!! The pictures are great and I love that suit! Hang in there! The end result will be worth it! :)
Your belly has gotten bigger... the baby is growing. Just know that you have a healthy little baby in there who is growing and growing and waiting to meet you! You have such a cute body, and when you are done, you will have no problem getting back into a size... what was it? A size 1!. Some of us can't even get back there, missy. Anyway, you are so cute and I am so proud of you for letting Maria take pictures of you. What a great mommy you are. Hang in there, sweety!
I can totally relate to this post!! So much so that I'm crying about it right now! We'll make it and be so happy when our babies are in our arms....way cute swimming suit too :)
I had to do the same thing when I was prego. Some days were so hard and I felt like all I did all day was get after my kids and frustrate myself because I wasn't getting anything done. I finally figured out that I needed to spend time loving the boys. We'd sit on the couch and read stories or watch movies. It was a lot more rewarding and I didn't end up in tears from feeling like I was a terrible mother. And I totally understand that you feel like your body is spiraling out of control! But, I'm back into my jeans now. There is a little extra fluff I need to tighten up, but I feel like I look pretty good. It is a nice change from feeling the size of a houseboat! Just hang in their. It'll be over soon. And then you can't imagine how sweet the third one is. You already now how to handle all the hard stuff so you can just love this baby and snuggle and realize what an amazing blessing it is and how truly blessed you are. Love you!
I have to agree with everyone else, you look great. I know it is hard to feel that way when you are 30 weeks along.
Post a Comment