Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter photos - it's the best I can do, folks

I tried to get cute pictures of my kids at Easter - I really did, and I had a great time looking at the cute Easter pictures of my friends and their children. But...the gods of the keepsakes were against me on Easter morning and made it completely impossible to snap a photo of anyone, and by the time church was over, not only did my kids not look suitable for photographs, they were in no mood for any. Bummer.

But, on the upside, I did get some nice pictures of the new cupcakes I tried out! As a sidenote, I am not really a fan of cupcakes in general. In the dessert world, they rank right there at the bottom in my opinion - unless, however, they are made "right", and then they can be amazing. You need a really good recipe to make eating a cupcake worth your while, to my way of thinking.

The ones that I made were lemon chiffon cupcakes with a citrus buttercream frosting. Both recipes were new for me, and I ended up loving them!!


These were supposed to kind of look like flower bouquets - I'm not sure if it worked or not, but they tasted good!


You know you want one... :)


I tried to make these look like potted plants, but I'm not sure they look
like that in the picture - what do you think?


Here's a close-up, and yes, I know they flower in the middle is messed up
- my petal tip was not cooperating that day.



The frosting looks all shiny here because it was still wet, but you get the idea.
Oh, and I am not one of those baking snobs who does not share recipes, so if you ever want the recipe for any of the desserts I post, just let me know, and I will send it to you!

8 comments:

erin said...

the cupcakes look delicious. I saw them on Sunday-- my mouth was watering. As for Easter pictures of kids we didn't get any either.

Bondis said...

Ok, so since I am going to attempt to bake the boys' birthday cakes myself this year, you may be getting an emergency phone call from me in the not too distant future. I am a total baking novice. I can make dinner with the best of them, but with baking, I fall a bit short.

thatmormonlady said...

Yeah, no easter pics for us either. We have a video of the boys doing their easter egg hunt on Saturday that I should look at though. Your cupcakes are beautiful! I'm not sure I'm up for a cake decorating class but I have seen plenty of posts with others amazing creations and I am impressed.

And, just don't tell Lou about bow much you gain with this pregnancy. I can only imagine his reaction if Brandon's was falling on the floor laughing! From now on it is my own little secret, plus, we'll loose it all pretty quickly, whereas they will not!

Rachel said...

Love it! They're darling! Please send me the recipes. And while you're at it, send me the one for those ginger cookies you made for that one cookie exchange at Linda's house. Those were too good.

Tiffani said...

Yummy--I would love the recipe :o).
I like the potted plant ones--and they do look like potted plants! I could tell that's what they were before I read your explanation.

Unknown said...

CCCUUUTTTEEE!! They look so cute, Easter cupcakes are so fun. I tried my hand at some too! I love decorating. What about pictures of your girls?

Autumn said...

YUM!!!! That's all I can say. You are the best baker on the planet.

Cort said...

I had the privilege of tasting this cupcake and it was Deeeeelish.