Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Goodbye winter!

Well, the time has come to say goodbye to winter. I do love winter - the snow, the cold, the feeling of everything being so quiet and still...

Having said that...I am SO ready for spring! Some of our perennials have already shot up and have gotten me all revved up about green grass and gardening and parks...

I love the new start that spring brings - everything coming alive again after lying dormant for so long. Most of all I just love the change in seasons and the inevitable time of self-reflection that always accompanys it.

So anyway, a couple of weeks ago, Maria reminded me of a promise that I made to make a snowman together. We finally got to it and it's a good thing we did it when we did, because the next day it all melted and it has not snowed again since.


So long Frosty!

Josephine trying to find some suitable arms for our snowman


"Like a big pink nightmare!"


Here is Maria eating the other half of Frosty's nose - the cannibal...



And here they are sharing the remains of Frosty's nose. Our last romp in the snow!


Anyhow, so long winter - it was fun while it lasted! Until next year!
Now bring on the green... :)

3 comments:

Autumn said...

That's quite a nice snowman. I'm very impressed. I'm excited for spring too. I somehow feel like I have more energy in spring (I think it has to do with sunlight). Hooray for new plant growth!

Rachel said...

I hear you about wanting winter to end. Today I had to take Jonathan and Clara to an appointment at 8:00, and it was ZERO degrees outside. What the heck? I'm done with it all! Sounds like you're ahead of us, though, with some things actually starting to grow. Soon, I keep telling myself...

The Tolboe family said...

It is still raining here. I guess it is good the snow is gone. I agree with you. I love spring. I guess serving in an area where snow is practically part of their culture, I deserve to hate snow, right? I do, I hate it. I love it when spring comes because that means I have about 6+ more months of warm weather.