Wednesday, February 25, 2009

No pictures - Booo!

So, our camera is on the fritz, mostly because Lou SAT ON IT at my sister's wedding a month ago, which would explain why I haven't posted in so long. I feel that all posts should have pictures, though I don't know why.

Anyhow, this post is the result of something that has been on my mind the past couple of days, and that is the fact that I have really come to appreciate "little kid talk". I love it all, the mispronunciations, the speech impediments, that sentences that make no sense - it's great! Here are a few of my favorites of Josephines right now:

-Jefus Christ (instead of Jesus)
-wif (as in "I want to go wif you!")
-fwee (as in the number 3)
-dat (instead of "that")
-dose (instead of "those")
-pwease (instead of "please")
-Fodder (instead of "father". "Where's my fodder?" - too cute)
-Bizmiss (instead of "business", as in "Mind your own BIZMISS Maria!")
-Her new habit of saying "seriously" with everything (except she says it like "sewiouswy"). For example, today she told me "I wike (like) cows, Mommy. Sewiouswy, I weally (really) do wike dem (them). Sewiouswy." She cracks me up

There are so many more, but I can't think of them off hand, and anyways, you get the point. I love her little kid talk - one of my little pleasures as a Mom... :)

5 comments:

melancholyjune said...

I LOVE Josephine! I love Maria too, but Josephine will eat all the weird things I feed her!

Chapman family said...

How can you not love little kid talk. Plus it's almost like your own secret language because you as the parent are one of the few who can actually understand. That's what's fun to me. I can understand everything Hyrum says but other people just have this dumbfounded expression. Stumped by a two-year-old!!

The Tolboe family said...

I miss that girl! She is so sweet. You still have to make a trip out here.... soon!

Rachel said...

I've been wondering where you were!

I love little kid talk too. Clara always come up with the funniest things--stuff she's heard us say. Like the other day after dinner, I said, "Should we have a piece of cake?" And she said, "That'd be cool." Ha!

Unknown said...

I also love the words they come up with when they don't exactly know what something is called. How they try to explain it with their limited vocabulary! Miss you tons!