Do you recognize the quote from the title of this post? It's from the movie Titanic, at the end, when they are searching for survivors.
It's kind of how I think of my blog right now. Is anyone out there? Does anyone hear me? I don't post a lot. Because I don't have a lot of free time. Between four kids, a husband, a cat, dog, turtle (thanks a LOT for that one, Lou), serving in the Primary Presidency, trying to keep my exercise regime, doing all my motherly and wifely duties (oh, and let's not forget stupid Facebook) - I JUST DON'T have the time. Besides, I don't want to post all the time. I don't feel like documenting every mundane event of my life or posting pictures of my kids every time we go to the zoo. That's not just me.
So when I DO make the time to post, it's because it's something that's important to me - important enough to share with my closest friends and family (because that's who this blog is for).
And yet...as of late, I find myself asking - is anyone even reading this anymore? (besides my sister, and my friends SC and CD - I know they do!). I don't get many page views or comments lately.
I don't know.
I just wonder if it's even worth the bother.
10 comments:
I always read! Though I sympathize...I'm pretty sure no one reads my blog! :)
I love reading your blog Robyn! :)
I hope I'm the SC you are referring to! <3
I read your blog. Though I read blogs less frequently now than I used to... but I usually get around to my favorites every once in a while. But I'm often nursing when I do read blogs, so I rarely comment.
But I echo your sentiments. I've been getting fewer views and comments. But I use my blog as more of a history/journal anyway.
your blog is one of my favorites. Don't stop. I do read.
Google Reader! I'm a regular.
I haven't read or written in a while. Part of the reason I don't get on that much though is because most of the blogs I used to read have stopped.
Yours are fun though, and I like your pictures. And yes I recognized the quote-I use that in stores sometimes when I can't find anyone who works there to help me.
I do read your blog (and others) but I admit I go a while between times and then catch up on a lot at once.
I read them I am just bad at commenting sorry!!
I have not been on blogger in over a year:( I need to start back up. Your posts are great and you will be so happy that you have kept at it. Your kids will love reading your entries when they are older. This stuff is priceless.
Post a Comment