Monday, July 16, 2012

Blessing the babe :)

Thomas was blessed on June 17th.  Born on Mother's Day, blessed on Father's Day - kinda cute, right?


Here's our crew (minus a couple of sisters).  My sister Dana and her husband Aleks (holding their daughter, Ivy), and my sister Adria and her husband Jason (holding their kids, Jane and Henry), and well, you know the rest of us.  Adria and her family drove in from Ohio for the event and we were so happy that they were here for our special day.

I love the way Thomas is barely even visible.  Oh well - we were so busy trying to get everyone else to look at the camera at the same time that we didn't notice.  With four kids, you can't have it all!

 Lou and his boys


 I put this picture in because it strikes me as funny - do I always look that tiny standing next to Lou?!



This is the same blessing gown that all of my babies have been blessed in (made by my mother).  What can I say?  I'm a traditionalist. ;)

I know - lots of pictures of Mama and baby - well, I'm not usually in any of our pictures because I am almost always the one taking them, so it seemed only fair.

I love the sparkle in his eyes in this picture.  Sweet baby. 

Lou gave a beautiful blessing, as always.  

Sweet baby.

Beautiful blessing.

Gorgeous sunny day.

Surrounded by loving family.

Okay, so I guess with four kids, sometimes you CAN have it all... :)

4 comments:

Kirsten Treff said...

Love the pics.. and to think it was only a few years ago that you were practically begging for siblings in-law and cousins for your kids! What a happy, growing fam!!

Adria said...

This is wonderful. Can I have a copy of all of us together in the front (bummer that Mel and Christie aren't in it). Their loss I guess. Yes, you do look tiny next to Lou. We should've had you in front of him so that it wouldn't have been as obvious in the picture. I guess that's what happens when we're trying to take pictures in between classes ;) Oh, and you look gorgeous in the picture where you're holding Thomas and the light is casting down on your face. Very lovely.

Rachel said...

Such sweet pictures! What a happy day for all of you!

melancholyjune said...

Gorgeous fam, friend! And you! There is not way you have had 4! kids? you look AMAZING!