Satchel handbag
(I have such small arms, I can actually wear this on my shoulder too, but having two thick leather straps there is not really as comfy as a regular over the shoulder bag)
Pros:
-cute and stylish (I love the retro big zippers and the color of the leather)
-lots of compartments for better organization
-no bigger footprint than my old one
-pretty royal purple satin ( though probably faux satin) lining
Cons:
-HEAVY!!! This purse weighs 4 lbs 5 oz when it has all my stuff in it! It weighs over 2 lbs when it is empty! I am wondering if it would be really annoying to carry around a purse this heavy all the time
-I am wondering if this is going to be dirty looking fast with such light-colored leather
-smooth leather. This part I actually like - it makes for a more polished look, but of course it scratches easily, and having three kids, I have to take this into account. Ditto about the "getting dirty" worry
Hobo over-the-shoulder bag
Pros:
-this purse is about 20% bigger, which means not only does all my stuff fit with no problem, but I can put more stuff in it if I want to down the road
-It has plenty of compartments to organize my stuff (not as many as the satchel, but it's enough for my use)
-It is not too heavy. It weighs about 3 1/2 pounds when full of my stuff (about 1 1/2 pounds empty)
-the dark color will hide the wear and tear better
-the soft hammered leather will not scratch as easily
Cons:
-it's a good bit bigger than the other purse. Why do I put this as both a pro AND a con? Being able to fit more stuff in your purse (thus making it even heavier) is not necessarily a good thing...
-the lining is not as pretty - some sort of microfiber (but then again, it's probably more durable than the satin)
-it's kind of boring and whatever. Just sort of your basic purse (but then again, at this stage in my life, should I stick with that? I don't know.)
11 comments:
i like the first one
Ok, so I'm probably not much help because style-wise, I'm all for the first one, but for functionality, I'd go for number two! A big deciding factor in purses for me is if I can fit a couple of diapers and some wipes in it. So, for that reason alone, I'd for sure go for number two.
I'm so jealous that Lou gets you personal things like that. He's not afraid to get you shoes or clothes or purses. I think that is awesome. Brandon got me a food processor. Don't get me wrong, it's great and I really have wanted one, I just wish sometimes he'd get me something for me, not for everyone. Whatever. But yay for you!!
I googled the trends for 2010 and 11. And it seems everything is pointing to purse number one. Hobo bags seemed to be really big in 09. So I guess it is up to you. It seemed like you wanted to go with bag number 2 because of practicality. I guess you just have to decide what you are going to use it for. It it going to be a purse? or a purse/diaper bag? Both are nice. But as for color and style purse 1 is the hot one this season! As for weight and all of those reasons.... beauty is pain. Don't take into account those things, go with the one you like the best and will use the most. Otherwise you will just have another hand bag collecting dust in the closet! Good luck girl! Oh tell Lou I am impressed, great gifts!
I love the structured look of bag #1!
So I at first liked the 2nd one only because I love bohos. BUt I actually just got a similar looking purse in a lighter color of mustard! CRAZY! But I agree with angie. The trends are pointing to bag #1 but I think that should be the main reason to buy or keep something. I do really like the 1st one after comparing them more. Hope this helps!
You want #1 more. I can tell by reading both your reviews. And I say go for that one.
You're not trying to buy a diaper bag; you have those. 'Receive' the cute, fun, fashionable one for your gift. You probably already have a boring mommy purse anyway. Definitely #1. The only con that was reasonable was the heaviness, and your'e buff, so who cares. The scratches thing-blah. So you'll never get anything nice because it might get dinged up? That's dumb.
I vote for the satchel as well! Yup!
Hobo... you need it to fit more stuff in. Face it, you will be putting kids stuff in it. If you stuff the other one with your stuff and with kids stuff, it will be heavier and you will hate it. Get the hobo!!!
I totally TOTALLY agree with Adria's reasoning...keep #1 for YOU!
Wait was there an option for both?
I'm sure you already made your choice but I like the second one best. I think they are both very cute though. I am pretty indecisive myself, even with simple things.
Post a Comment