This is both of us at six months old. I think I look like a greased up pumpkin in this picture.
We are both about 3 years old in these pictures. Tell me Maria does not look EXACTLY like Lou (and if I had a picture of Josephine next to this one, you would see that she sooo has my face).
And here we both are at about five years old. Yes, Lou was already an avid fisherman, as you can see. :)So yeah, 11 years and still in love - a miracle in and of itself these days if you ask me. It's been a roller coaster at times (isn't it always, when it comes to marriage?), but I am glad to have him by my side as I go through life.
I know a lot of people see Lou and gruff and coarse (and granted, he is... :), but I am so lucky to know the other sides of Lou, the part of him that loves to take me shopping because he loves to buy nice things for me (he's the one that bought me the Calvin Klein heels that I am in love with), the part that will let my girls put bows and clips in his hair and join them for tea parties, the part that will sat for over an hour and individually wrapped up the 100+ caramels that I made for the neighbors, the part that helped me make 75 custom envelopes (and then sat and addressed them all...) for Eddie's birth announcements, the part that almost never says no to someone who needs help (I'm the whiner, as you all saw in my truck ranting post...).
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to lionize the guy - he's no saint, and thank goodness for that, because perfect people are annoying. :)
So Happy Anniversary to us! 11 years is pretty impressive, if you ask me... :)
6 comments:
Happy Anniversary!! You guys are great. And husbands deserve all the praise we can give them, so pile it on!! Have a super happy day!
past memory-don't forget about how he called us all his 'sisters' since he never had any and still came to visit and such when you were in Pleasantville(oh, I mean BYU), and also how he stuck up for me when Perek Bellah was being a complete jerk to ME, because he was jealous of Lou for dating YOU. I bet Perek wet his pants that day. I still wish I could've seen the look on his face.
I love it!! 11 years, WOW!!! I am always amazed how when you are little 10 years seems like sooooooo long and the only you get the more quickly time goes by. CONGRATS!!
I LOVE the Osh-Gosh overalls. I think I had that exact pair. Happy 11 to you! Just seems like yesterday was numero 10!
Congrats you guys. I didn't know you guys got married in January.. So did we! I posted my pictures of us on my blog. It is so fun to know that another year has passed and you are still with the one you love! It is amazing now days!
Congratulations on 11 years! I especially enjoyed your little kid pictures. Too cute.
Post a Comment