Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ah, sweet relief...

Well, I got my lab results back today, and I am so happy to share with all of you that my HcG levels are down!! They are down to a 3 (down from 8, where they were), which is just one unit above what is considered to be a normal reading! In fact, by some doctors' standards, this IS a normal reading (my doctor is a bit paranoid, and wants to see a 2). I called Lou at work and was literally screaming into the phone: "I'm a 3, I'm a 3!!!" This is huge news that it went down, and not up, because this means that there is almost no chance that the mole is growing back. I know that this is not coincidence - this is totally answered prayers. After posting last week and getting a blessing, I decided that I was going to think positive and have faith that with a priesthood blessing and the faith and prayers of so many on my behalf, that everything was going to be okay this time, and what a difference that made for me these past seven days.

It was hard for me to post my situation last week, because I tend to be the kind to want to just be strong and try to handle things alone, but I had a strong feeling that I needed to reach out this time, and I am so glad that I did. Knowing that I had friends all over the country praying for me gave me such comfort, and increased my own faith and confidence that it would all be okay, which was a great blessing all by itself this past week. My doctor is being a bit of a killjoy and reminded me that technically I need to have a reading of 2 units for a couple of months before I am totally out of the woods, but I am not at all worried about it. I know that my prayers and the prayers of my friends and family were answered and that I am going to be okay. Thank you so much for all of your thoughts, prayers, phone calls, and comments on here to make me feel supported. I can't tell you how much it meant to me to have that support. You are wonderful friends - thank you, thank you, thank you.

9 comments:

thatmormonlady said...

Of course you never doubted. I'm so happy for you. Sometimes it is so hard to trust in the promptings we receive but there is always a plan that turns out better than we could ever imagine. Hooray!!

Love you tons.

Kristi the Book Lady said...

Yay - I'm so happy for you! We'll keep praying that those numbers behave themselves and you continue to do well!

Bryan Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bryan Family said...

I am so happy for you. I was emotional both times I read your posts. What a relief:)You have a beautiful family!

Julia said...

Gee whiz, Robyn! I'm not good at keeping up on blogs, so I had no idea what was going on with you. How stressful! I'm glad your numbers are down. You know, my doc never had me get a blood test after my post-mole pregnancies, not even after the miscarriages. I think we both just figured if the mole came back, we'd know it. I'm sure your doctor would think that's reckless, but I'm glad we did it the way we did. It really makes me feel like I can put the whole thing behind me. So, did you ever have to go see that awful gyno-onc?

Love ya!

Unknown said...

What a relief! I am happy for you!

melancholyjune said...

Love you girl! I've been thinking about you EVERYDAY! Miss you tons!

JN said...

YIPEE!! I'm so happy that things are looking up. We are so blessed to have prayer and dear friends..

Autumn said...

Oh this is great news! I am so relieved for you.