Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas...really, really late.

This was supposed to be posted on Christmas night, but I had some issues uploading the pictures because of their size, so I had to send them over to my computer saavy sister and have her resize them. So anyways, here's the post that was meant for the Christmas season:

Tis the season to see all kinds of cute family photos enclosed in Christmas cards - smiling, cute children and their proud, happy parents. Well, unfortunately, our family seems to be completely incapable of producing such a picture. There is always at least ONE of us who looks weird in some way...
The Sunday before Christmas we tried, in vain of course, to get a nice family photo. The pictures that we ended up with were, well, at least entertaining, but not exactly Christmas card material. :) So, without further ado, I invite you to look at our blooper photos and have a good laugh!

Hey there.

We lovingly call this Maria's "Chandler face". Those of you who ever watched the show Friends will get the reference.

Seriously, why does her on-camera smile look like a grimace?


I thought this one was decent, until I saw the strategic placement of Josephine's fingers...



Again, Josephine, so charming.


Here is me trying to "make" Maria smile. It didn't work, by the way. And is Josephine conducting a choir or something?


Here is the Chandler smile again, and now Josephine is conducting with her eyes closed - impressive.


Aahhhh, there are no words...



It's official - now we ALL look like freaks. And by the way, did Lou become Amish when I wasn't looking?


Josephine is getting away!
So next time you think it's hard to get your kids to be cute for a picture, just think of the DeGaetanos, and you'll realize it could always be worse...

5 comments:

Britt said...

Those pictures are awesome! I love the step by step family photo process.

thatmormonlady said...

Well, I did get a great laugh. When we took ours, Brandon even tried photoshopping a head from one picture to another! It didn't work out.

I do really like the first picture of Maria by herself though. Very, very cute.

Kirsten Treff said...

Looks like good times...maybe that's why we took to few family pics growing up!

Unknown said...

Okay I have been a slacker lately on my blogging. But seriously I laughed out loud because I go through the SAME thing every time I try to get pictures of my kids. I think my favorite are the fingers up the nose!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

The Tolboe family said...

I seriously haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Thanks I needed that. You are hilarious. I miss you so much. Seriously, we only live 5 hours from each other. We need to plan something. You are hilarious!