Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Let it Snow!

All of you who are living in warmer climates and bragging about your 60's and 70's degree weather...you can have it! I am 28 years old, and I still get excited everytime it starts snowing! It just all looks so magical and peaceful and beautiful. I wouldn't trade it for a sunny day down south if you paid me!

And hey, without snow, Lou and I wouldn't have been able to go sledding this past weekend with some friends - talk about fun!

Seriously, when is the last time you went sledding - it is AWESOME! We went down the hills over and over and over...


Oh yeah! You can't get these kinds of good times on the beach!! (although I will say, that, as you can see in this picture, going down face first is a good way to get a face full of snow, which can get quite cold...)

Isn't this a beautiful view? I love this place!


You just never get too old for this stuff! I happen to think that Lou looks pretty cute all decked out in his snow gear.


Lou and the other guys (Dave Hart, Ryan Gleed and Scott Johnson) reminded me of a bunch of overgrown kids, all trying to outdo each other with their crazy ways of going down the hill (standing on sleds, using two sleds at once, etc.)



What a great date night! I am thoroughly convinced that going sledding is a great way to stay young! The ride down is so much fun, and the walks back up the hill are GREAT exercise. Thanks again Johnsons, for inviting us out!
HOORAY SNOW!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I don't know why everyone thinks I've fallen off the face of the earth...

Snow is beautiful, I will say that. We are getting absolutely dumped on right now! It's the most snow I have ever seen from one storm. Crazy! Clara has had fun playing in it, though.

thatmormonlady said...

Hey Robyn! I was starting to get worried about you. In fact, if you hadn't posted today I was going to send you an email to make sure you all were ok!

Anyway, we are having a big storm surge this week as well. I think two have passed over so far with another one expected this weekend, so we, too, are having a blast in the snow. We built a pretty pitiful snowman today. The terrible part is, Washington doesn't get enough snow on a regular basis to have the road equipment, so if it snows a lot, everyone is pretty much home bound. I miss not being able to go wherever I want no matter what the weather.

Kirsten Treff said...

looks like lots of fun...I look forward to some good old sledding while we're in syracuse:) and I love the pic of Lou- he looks like a giant kid!

Autumn said...

What a great date night! I love it! I have not been sledding in years.

Cort said...

Yay for snow! Yes it is 12:27 am, and I am an insomniac. I drove to your house and put a little present in your mailbox. Enjoy:)

Chapman family said...

This is Brandon, no Sarah. Yeah, that picture did make Syracuse look very beautiful. Consequently, it was zoomed out as far as the camera would allow :) lol...

Pay attention to our next blog. I'll be writing about snow and I think I might name drop!

Brandon

Taunya said...

It does look so beautiful. Maddie misses the Syracuse snow.